If you missed our webinar on the 2021 E&M Coding Guideline changes, please provide your information below to watch one of our presentations. The total running time is 37 minutes.
You can also find the AMA’s latest Level of Medical Decision Making (MDM) table with this link: https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2019-06/cpt-revised-mdm-grid.pdf
The AMA, with CMS’s support, has updated the coding guidelines for outpatient office visits in 2021.
- New guidelines specific to 99202-99215
- Changes to the typical times associated with the E/M codes 99202-99215
- Changes to the prolonged services code with deletions and new add on codes for time
- Changes to the medical decision-making table
- Changes to E/M reimbursement for Medicare
- Key Takeaways:
- Code based on Time or Medical Decision Making
- Reduced documentation requirements – “appropriate” history and exam
Suggested references for additional information:
Link to AMA CPT E/M Changes: